To deter theft and vandalism to your worksite, here are several measures that can be taken:
1. Use proper lighting. Motion activated lighting can be an effective deterrent.
2. Install fencing. Fencing deters access and makes it more difficult to remove items from the worksite.
3. Post “No Trespassing” signs.
4. Install surveillance cameras. Use a security guard or both.
5. Mark all of your tools to make it more difficult for thieves to resell your tools.
6. For mobile equipment such as trucks and trailers, attach a GPS activated lock such as Dewalt MobileLock.
7. Secure trailers with a lock that goes in the ball mount and around the lip.
As an Artisan Contractor, keeping your equipment safe and secure is paramount to your success. To review all of your property and liability insurance contact your Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agent at Richey-Barrett.